Real Property Management Viking in Minneapolis MN tenant resources.
Click on one of the following links to scroll directly to that section. For a current copy of the lease Rules, request them from [email protected]
Every Real Property Management tenant who signs a lease with us gets their own online account. Your secure account is convenient and easy to access, and provides useful features and information to maximize your rental experience.
- Pay rent online
- Request repairs and maintenance
- Apply for a new rental property
- Give notice to vacate
- Access documents, forms and checklists such as your lease and procedures
- Communicate with the Real Property Management team
To access your account for the first time, click the red button above and follow the prompts. Use the email address you provided during the leasing process and the address of the rental property. Your login information will be emailed to you. Contact our office if you need assistance.
The best way to pay your rent is to pay online. Rent is always due on the 1st of each month. Paying rent online saves you the time and hassle of bringing a rent check to the office, assists you in paying on time and is the most secure, accurate and efficient payment method.
PLEASE NOTE: Your Lease does not allow Rent payments using credit cards. While that option exists on the portal for non-rent payments, your Lease prohibits using credit cards for rent.
Simply login to your tenant account and follow the prompts to make a single payment or set up recurring payments each month to ensure your rent will always be paid on time by the due date!
There are two ways to request maintenance or repairs.
- Log in to your tenant account and complete a Service Request for maintenance or repairs.
- Call our 24 Hour Maintenance Hotline (612) 915-0100 ext #4 to request maintenance. If it is an emergency, please call us immediately. (Note: If the situation involves a serious water leak, locate the main water valve in your rental home and turn it to the off or closed position.)
Before Requesting Maintenance
For faster resolution, review the following list of suggestions before calling maintenance. You can also find helpful maintenance tips and advice in your tenant account.
This is a table but there is no table style design
|Smoke detector won’t work when tested||Monthly check and replace battery. Notify maintenance at once if not working.|
|Smoke detector beeps softly on and off||Check and replace battery.|
|No power to plugs or switches||Check breaker panel or fuse box. Check and reset.|
|Garbage disposal won’t work||Push reset button on disposal or use allen wrench and turn.|
|No hot water||Check thermostat on hot water tank. Is pilot light lit? Check breaker panel or fuses valve closed.|
|Hot water “TOO HOT”||Check thermostat on tank and turn down.|
|Faucet or toilet leaks||Turn off water fixture under sink, toilet at valve and notify maintenance.|
|Toilet plugged||Try plunger. If still plugged call maintenance.|
|Sink plugged||Remove hair from drain|
|Heater not working||Check thermostat. Check button or pilot lights. Furnace covers on correctly? Is pilot light lit? Breaker tripped?|
|Dishwasher won’t drain||Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher. Clean float. Rinse dishes before washing. Use jet dry once a month. Jet dry prevents hard water build up.|
|Refrigerator too warm or too cold||Check thermostat, set correctly. Front and back grills clean. Clean out drain hole.|
Some of our rental properties allow pets. Homeowner preferences and insurance policies generally determine what type and how many pets are allowed.
To find a pet friendly rental home, search our available properties and their Amenities to see if Pets are allowed, and if desired, a Fenced Yard.
Many Real Property Management rental homes allow pets. If you have a pet, please ask about our pet policy.
Go to https://rpmviking.petscreening.com to complete a pet screening.
We welcome pets in rental homes that allow pets, however, we must ensure tenants are responsible pet owners and respect other residents in the area. Both landlords and tenants should be up-to-date on city ordinances controlling pet ownership and management. The following list of pet ordinances is not exhaustive, but it does cover the main questions pet owners and landlords are likely to have.
Real Property Management’s Pet Restrictions
Each rental home managed by Real Property Management may have unique restrictions for pets depending upon type, number, and size of the pet. In addition, city pet ordinances limit the number of pets per pet owner, with exceptions to newborn pet litters. Most rental properties do not allow certain breeds of dogs including Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chows, and Pitbulls because property liability insurance policies will not cover injury caused by these breeds. Real Property Management tenants who have pets are asked to maintain their own liability insurance in regards to their pets.
General Rules and Regulations
Most cities and counties have pet ordinances which all Real Property Management clients must abide by as pet owners. Below are common ordinances, however check with Animal Control in your local area to make sure you understand and comply with all pet rules and regulations.
Normally, you must register your dog or cat with the city within a certain timeframe of acquisition, and the license tag must always be attached to your pet. Most pet licenses need to be renewed periodically.
Most city ordinances require a pet to be kept on a leash at any time the pet is off its owner’s residence, except when in officially designated off-leash city property. Dogs and cats in heat must be kept in a secure enclosure, preventing their exposure to any free-roaming males.
If your dog bites a person or another animal, city pet ordinances usually require you to notify the police or an animal control officer immediately, and not leave the scene until an officer has authorized you to do so. Always assist the victim as needed and give your contact information to the victim.
City pet ordinances also usually require you to control your dog’s barking at all times, both day and night, and the police have the power to impound your dog if it is barking incessantly and you can’t be reached.
Whether by law or not, tenants should always clean up after their pets as a courtesy to others and the surrounding property.
As you prepare to move in, here are a few items to help ensure a successful stay. When you sign your lease, we will provide you a manual detailing information you need to enjoy and care for your new home, and login information for your own tenant account. Please keep this manual handy for easy reference throughout your stay.
Before You Move-in and Picking Up Keys
Before you can move in,
- MONEY: All monies due (first months’ rent, prorated rent, administrative fees, pet fees, security deposit) must be paid with cashiers checks;
- UTILITIES: All tenant utilities must be changed over – Click Here to set up utilities;
- INSURANCE: Insurance certificates for your Renters Insurance and Tenant Legal Liability Insurance must be issued in accordance with your lease. If you opt to to secure, or do not provide a qualified endorsement for Tenant Legal Liability Insurance you will be automatically enrolled in the Real Property Management blanket policy and a $13.00 monthly charge per tenant will be automatically added to your account. Otherwise you will need to provide a certificate for both policies to your property manager. To avoid any issues, we recommend you purchase the ROOST insurance available on your Tenant Portal. This policy fully complies with the terms of your lease.
Move In Condition
Within 5 days of moving in, go through your new home thoroughly, then email us a completed Inventory and Condition Form along with photos to visually verify conditions you describe on the form. InventoryChecklist
If you were sent a link to an Inspection App, and you submit the electronic inspection, there is no need to complete the Inventory Checklist above.
Also note, the completed form or inspection stays in the leasing department and does not constitute a maintenance request. If during your assessment you find anything that needs maintenance, please submit a maintenance request through your online tenant account. We want you to enjoy your new home and will work with you to ensure the property is well maintained.
Tenant and Owner Responsibilities
As a resident of a rental home managed by Real Property Management, we want you to treat the home as if it were your own and be respectful of your neighbors. Taking good care of the property also leads to a faster return of your deposit when you move out.
Your lease outlines your full responsibilities however, below are some general responsibilities. And you can review this document for more information: pubLandlordTenants
- Keep the property clean and orderly, inside and out
- Set up utilities in your name prior to moving in – electricity, water, gas, trash
- Care for landscaping and exterior – lawn, and minor trimming and weeding of shrubs and flowerbeds, sidewalks (e.g., show removal), exterior light bulbs, window cleaning
- Pest control
- Complete minor and seasonal maintenance – changing light bulbs, furnace filters, refrigerator water filters, and batteries in detectors; maintaining water softener and purification systems, keeping vents clean
- Comply with local, state and Home Owner Association (HOA) property codes, rules and regulations
Contact our office if you would like a referral for a vendor for services listed above.
Real Property Management and/or the owner of the rental home you lease are responsible for:
- Ensuring the rental property is clean, safe, and ready for occupancy
- Re-keying all doors leading to the outside for security
- Complying with state and federal laws pertaining to required detectors in the home
- Providing residents with a copy of applicable HOA rules
You will receive a login for your own online account, where you can pay the rent each month. We encourage you to set up automatic, recurring payments to ensure on-time payment and peace of mind.
We want to ensure every rental property stays in great shape, and we encourage you to request maintenance when appropriate to possibly prevent larger issues or costly repairs. When maintenance or repair is needed, log in to your online account or call our maintenance hotline.
Our goal is to maintain positive relationships with both our property owners and tenants, and ensure you are satisfied. If you are pleased with our service, please email us and offer to post a positive review or provide a testimonial for future marketing use.
Likewise, when you decide to move, buy a home or car, or get a new job, Real Property Management will support you by offering a payment history and providing you a letter of recommendation provided you have paid your rent on time and have taken care of the property.
Moving out can be a busy and sometimes stressful time. Real Property Management provides checklists and guides to help make your transition smoother, faster and more organized.
You must give proper notice prior to vacating the property, as outlined in your lease. Real Property Management will conduct a move-out inspection only after all of your personal property has been removed and the property is fully cleaned. We consider you still living at the property until you return the keys (and garage door remote if applicable) to our office. You will not be allowed to re-enter the home after all keys have been turned into the office.
To assist us in making refunds to you promptly, we ask that you review the security deposit section of the Residential Lease Agreement that you signed when you moved in. This will clarify the refund procedure and explain any additional charges which you may incur.
The better the condition of the property when you leave, the faster the deposit can be returned to you, to the forwarding address you provide. If you vacate the property prior to the end of the lease term, you will still be responsible for paying the rent for the remainder of the lease however, we will do our best to try and lease the property.
Resident Move-Out Cleaning Guide RESIDENT MOVE-OUT AND CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
Resident Move-Out Checklist Download
Our goal is to maintain positive relationships with both our property owners and tenants, and ensure you are satisfied. If you are pleased with our service, we hope you consider our services again in the future. In addition, we encourage you to email us and offer to post a positive review or provide a testimonial for future marketing use.
Likewise, when you decide to move, buy a home or car, or get a new job, Real Property Management will support you by offering a payment history and providing you a letter of recommendation provided you have paid your rent on time and have taken care of the property.
Apply Online to Rent a Home
If you’re interested in leasing a home from Real Property Management, it is best to first find a property you are interested in renting, then complete the online application.
Find a Rental Home and Apply
- Review the properties available to rent.
- Click on your desired property.
- Click Apply Online.
- Complete the Online Rental Application
- Pay Application Fee (part 2 of the Application)
Criteria: Note that these criteria are listed here for your convenience, but the actual criteria may vary from these based on specific properties. Please see the specific rental application for the applicable criteria.
Rental Process and Application Disclosure:
We pledge to honor the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Creed, Age, Marital Status, Physical or Mental Disability, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
Additionally, should any state or local law require more stringent criteria than what is listed herein, we shall adhere to those laws as well.
Our leasing consultants will be happy to show you our available rental homes at absolutely no charge to you. You may also preview our properties 24 hours a day on-line at www.RPMViking.com.
The Real Property Management – Viking (“RPMV”) office is located at 33 Tenth Ave S, Suite 100 Hopkins, MN 55343
Visit www.rpmviking.com to review the property listing. RPM is not responsible for information contained on third party listing sites
Application Processing and Time Frame:
1) Processing an application normally takes between two (2) to three (3) business days. In some cases, the approval of common interest Associations, homeowners or unforeseen circumstances may require a longer processing period. Please be assured that we will contact you immediately upon determination of approval or denial. All adult occupants over the age of 18 must submit a fully completed with all required documentation, dated, and signed rental application and application fee before the application will be processed.
2) No rental property will be held vacant for more than 48 hours, unless approved by Real Property Management Viking.
1) APPLICATION FEE: If you decide to apply to rent one of our properties, there is a $55.00 per person (over the age of 18) application fee (some properties may have additional application fees) that is non-refundable upon Real Property Management Viking running the application. This application fee must accompany the completed application available on our website.
2) MANAGER FEES: Our leases are currently prepared by an Attorney at Law to comply with Minnesota law. If you are the successful leasing candidate, there is an administrative fee of $295.00 to cover our administrative cost and the cost in preparing your lease due upon lease signing and a technology fee of 1.45% of the rent will be added to your monthly rent charge to cover technology, document retention, and processing costs. These fees are in addition to rent and security deposits.
3) CIC FEES: Some Common Interest Associations may require a separate application and fees. If this is the case, you must also apply separately to the Association and remit whatever additional application fee may be required.
4) HOLD DEPOSIT: A Hold Deposit equal to one month’s rent which is not a security deposit is due within 48 hours of approval of any application to rent or lease the premises to hold the property until the lease is signed. The Hold Deposit must be received by the RPMV office within 48 hours of the approval. This amount will be credited toward the required security deposit when the lease contract has been signed by all parties. Should the lease contract not be executed within 10 calendar days of approval, or the applicants fail to take possession of the premises, this amount will be forfeited as liquidated damages and not returned.
5) PETS FEES: No pets (with the exception service or emotional support animals with proper credentials) of any kind are permitted without the specific written permission of Real Property Management Viking in the lease document (i.e., a pet addendum to lease) and an additional non-refundable pet fee of $350.00 for the first pet and a total of $500 for multiple pets. Some properties may require higher pet fees or higher rent and/or security deposit amounts. If a higher pet fee or rent and/or security deposit amount is required, you will be notified at the time of the application.
6) SECURITY DEPOSIT AND OTHER FEES: The security deposit is equal to 1 month rent at a minimum and may be higher if allowed by law for higher risk applicants. The lease may contain other fees and expenses typically found in residential leases.
7) INSURANCE: All tenants must provide evidence of Renters Insurance with $100,000 of personal liability AND Tenant Legal Liability Insurance with $100,000 of Property Damage Liability including the following perils: Smoke, Fire, Explosion, Water Backup, Water Damage, Water Overflow of Sewer, Drain, or Sump Pump. If the Tenants do not provide a qualified endorsement of the Tenant Legal Liability Insurance, it will automatically provided and each tenant will be charged $13.00 per month.
1) Upon receipt of your rental application and application fee(s), you can expect and hereby authorize that we will: (1) check your credit report, (2) check the public records for any past evictions, (3) verify your employment, (4) verify your previous landlord references, and (5) conduct a criminal background check. Co-signers may be considered on an individual basis but in most all cases, will be required to be a party to the lease.
2) Applications that are approved will be notified usually within 3 business days after the date of the full application submission in writing via USPS, email or text message unless otherwise agreed upon. Your application will be considered “disapproved” if we fail to notify you of your approval within 10 days after we have received a fully complete application.
3) All applicants must see the interior of the property before an application can be submitted. The property must be accepted in “AS IS” condition before an application can be accepted, except where there is written agreement for maintenance or repair items or waiver of right to view property is signed. Any such maintenance or repair request (if any) must be written and included with your application as an uploaded document. If your maintenance and repair requests are acceptable to Real Property Management Viking, then that agreement will be written into the lease or lease addendum. Verbal representations are non-binding.
4) All initial funds (e.g., deposit, first month’s rent, security deposit, lease doc fee) must be paid by cashier’s check or money order payable to “Real Property Management Viking” and delivered to the RPMV office by 3:00pm CT on the last business day before your lease starts. Payments in subsequent months may be paid by check or ACH in accordance with the lease terms.
Resident Selection Criteria:
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered:
1) INCOME: Applicants must have a combined verifiable gross income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent. Employment Income must be verified in writing using recent pay stubs or other legal means and non-employment income must be supported with sufficient bank statement history, tax returns, or other acceptable methods to establish certainty of continued income. Self-employed applicants will be required to produce two (2) years of signed tax returns, bank statements or IRS 1099 forms. Non-employed applicants must provide sufficient proof of income or assets to support the rent requirements. Co-signers are accepted at the managers discretion only, must meet all requirements, will be required to be a party to the lease, and must reside in the State of Minnesota. Income from non-wage sources must be supported by tax returns.
2) RESIDENTIAL HISTORY: A minimum of 3 year’s residential rental or mortgage history is required. Rental history must be rated satisfactory or better, with no record of evictions within the past five (5) years. We reserve the right to require a high-risk addendum and fee, damage insurance, and/or a higher security deposit.
3) CREDIT AND BACKGROUND CHECKS: Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filings, collections, or liens within the past three (3) years and no open bankruptcy. Should your application be denied due to credit, we will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents. However, we will provide you with the name of the credit reporting agency, so you may receive a copy from that agency. We consider all information collected for the approval or denial of this application to be confidential and for the company’s exclusive use.
4) IDENTIFICATION: Valid current government issued photo ID documentation (driver’s license, military or State Identification, passport etc.) is required to be submitted as part of the application.
5) RENTAL HISTORY: Rental history reports from previous landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints (e.g., noise, disturbances, illegal activities), no NSF checks, and no damage to rental property or failure to leave the property clean and without damage when you left the property.
6) OWNERS ASSOCIATION: Some Owner Associations may require a separate application and/or fee. If so, you must also apply separately to the Association. Approval by the Association is a mandatory prerequisite to our approval of your application.
7) SECURITY DEPOSITS: Security deposits are required to be paid prior to occupancy and are security for faithful performance by tenants of all terms, covenants, and conditions of the lease agreement and tenants may not dictate that the security deposit be used for any rent due. Unless claimed due to a breach of lease or damages, the security deposit is refundable when the tenants move out of the property at the expiration of the lease term.
8) EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to these criteria will need to be submitted in writing to Real Property Management Viking for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security deposit, additional security and/or additional “higher” rent may be required.
CONDUCT: The relationship between a landlord, property manager, and tenant is a business relationship. A courteous and businesslike behavior is required by all parties. RPMV reserves the right to refuse rental to anyone who is verbally abusive, swears, is disrespectful, makes threats, is intoxicated, is argumentative, or in general displays a behavior at the time of the unit showing or application process that causes RPMV to believe it would not have a positive business relationship.
OCCUPANCY: Maximum of 2 occupants per bedroom. No smoking or vaping of any substance in premise or garage. Pets must be approved in writing.
LEASE: In addition to other lease terms, leases will be for 12 months minimum, tenant to pay all utilities unless otherwise agreed in writing, tenant will be required to maintain renters insurance and tenant liability insurance meeting RPMV’s minimum coverage. Contact RPMV for additional terms and conditions.
RENT AMOUNT: Rents quoted are the rental amounts due if paid on time, (on or before the 1st of each month by 3:00 PM Central Time) otherwise, late fees will be assessed.
KEYS: Keys, access codes, or access devices will be released on the first (1st) day of occupancy as stated in the lease agreement. Request for keys earlier must be accompanied with additional pro-rated rent and must have Real Property Management Viking prior approval. We’ll furnish keys and/or access devices only after: (1) all parties have signed the contemplated Lease Contract and other rental documents referred to in the Lease Contract; and (2) all applicable rents and security deposits have been paid in full.
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS: When you rent a home from our company, we endeavor to ensure that all items are in good working order. Please report any maintenance or repair request during your first five (5) days of possession. Thereafter, we require residents to pay a Maintenance Fee for each maintenance and repair item requested.
MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS: RPMV may receive multiple applications from unrelated individual applicants on the same property at approximately the same time. If such is the case, we will process applications for consideration based on the earliest received and in chronological order of fully complete (with all fees paid) applications. Only one (1) will eventually be approved. If your application is acceptable but not the approved application for the property for which you are applying, you may consider applying for other available properties that we may have without payment of an additional application fee or the fee will be refunded to you.
LEASING AGENTS: RPMV provides leasing agents who will provide you with opportunities to preview our properties; distribute rental information, applications, rental process, and application disclosures; and generate contracts to lease our properties. The leasing agent will also submit your application to RPMV for processing. Please understand that the leasing agent is not authorized to negotiate on behalf of RPMV. Verbal representations are non-binding. Once your application is submitted to RPMV, the approval/denial and negotiation process (if any) will be handled by the property manager in charge of the property for which you are applying.
DISCLOSURE: This document and disclosure is an integral part of my/our rental application. I/we do hereby acknowledge that I/we understand and agree to the terms of application and rental process as described herein. I/we further acknowledge that I/we have seen and previewed the rental property (both inside and outside) for which we are applying.
Notice to or from Co-applicants. Any notice we give you or your co-applicant is considered notice to all co-applicants; and any notice from you or your co-applicant is considered notice from all co-applicants.
Our reception of this application is consent only to this application agreement. It does not bind us to accept applicant or to sign the proposed lease agreement.