- To help create generational wealth by providing education, resources, and strategy for acquiring, holding, and disposing of real estate assets
- To raise the standards for property management services by providing an exceptional experience for real estate investors and their tenants
- To be your advocate in all dealings with tenants and vendors
- To communicate promptly, transparently, and accurately
- To be a great steward of your financial and real estate assets
- 100% Respect, 100% Accurate, On Schedule, Within Budget
RENT READY CHECKLIST
We are committed to providing our residents with safe, clean, and properly maintained homes.
In order to comply with the Minnesota Covenants of Landlord Statute 504B.161 and Real Property Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
- The property is professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements, including appliances, operate as designed.
- Caulking in the kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew
- The doors and locks are all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly, and window screens must be in good condition.
Full Rent-Ready Requirements
In order to comply with both internal and state rental housing requirements, including the Minnesota Warranty of Habitability Requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Rent-Ready’.
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’ (See our Cleaning Specification).
- The carpet is professionally cleaned and looks fresh.
- All painted surfaces are fresh with no mismatched touch-up areas, and repainting must be done from corner to corner. (See our Painting Specification).
- All bedroom and bathroom windows must have blinds; all windows shall open and be unobstructed.
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispensers, pictures, etc.
- No lawn equipment, including mowers, tools, etc.
- The garage floor was swept. No exterior debris.
- No broken doors, broken cabinets, broken windows, broken glass, non-functioning egress windows/doors, or anything else broken
- Lawn cut and trimmed.
- Landscaping fresh and clean, Snow shoveled.
- Carbon monoxide detectors are installed within 10 feet of each bedroom. ONLY wall mounted, NO plug-in units.
- Smoke detector on each floor.
- Smoke detector in each bedroom.
- Patio sliding doors must have vertical blinds.
- All light bulbs working.
- Doors open & close smoothly, and doorstops are installed on all doors. Keys to all doors work properly.
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew.
- All mechanical components work as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings are secure, with no trip hazards.
- If operational, wood-burning fireplace(s) shall be clean of debris and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be permanently sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material.
- All windows (except basement windows) should have vertical or mini blinds.
- No draperies on windows
- All windows should have screens
This list is not meant to cover every make-ready required item, but it lists some of the most important and often overlooked.
Serving Minneapolis MN, and the Surrounding Areas
Not a Client Yet?
How you benefit by working with us…
- Own your Future with a well-managed real estate portfolio that generates passive cash flow and builds generational wealth.
- Build Your Portfolio by investing in rental properties without lifting a finger.
- Increase Your Cash Flow as we maximize your real estate investment and allow you to focus on your day job.
- Build Generational Wealth with the highest standards in the market. Our Wealth Optimizer will change your perception of what a REAL professional property manager can do for your rental investments.
We are located in Minneapolis and serve the entirety of the Twins City Metro area.
Contact us by completing the contact form below or scheduling a call HERE for a free assessment to see if we would be a good fit and to learn why we may be your best choice locally.