If you have a home, you surely also have a junk drawer. This is where you store all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s frequently a mess, and it’s often challenging to find what you’re looking for. But did you know that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? By keeping the useful items in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This sounds like a simple option, but you wouldn’t imagine how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight can prove to be beneficial when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark area.
- Batteries. Batteries are crucial for various things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Keep some extra batteries on hand so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be used for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Acquire one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are one more crucial tool that can be utilized for numerous tasks, from gripping something too little to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always good to have some available. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always helpful.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Select small or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer clean.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is necessary for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will always be essential.
- Scissors. Scissors are always important, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Acquire a small pair of scissors that can easily be kept in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be used for several activities, from keeping cords organized to bundling up newspapers. They’re also perfect for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, bear in mind the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! Though numerous junk drawers are messy, it doesn’t need to be like that. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) can assist with keeping your junk drawer organized and your essential items easy to find. If your junk drawer is now a disaster, here are a couple of alternatives for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in just a couple of basic steps.
Since it is now evident what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! However, if you see that your current Minnetonka home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, communicate with Real Property Management Viking. We deliver excellent rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your chosen lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.